You Will Learn How To
- Prepare for and take the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certification Exam
- Outline key activities for Service Transition processes in the context of the Service Lifecycle
- Enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Measure Service Transition processes using critical success factors and key performance indicators
Successful implementation of ITIL Service Transition best practices enables IT departments to develop capabilities for transitioning new and changed services into operations, ensuring that requirements are effectively realized while controlling the risks of failure and disruption. In this course, you learn how to plan, implement and optimize the Service Transition processes and gain the skills required to take the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certification Exam.
Who Should Attend
This course is valuable for those who want to achieve the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate. The ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate (or v2-v3 bridge equivalent) is required to take the ITIL Certification Exam on the final day.
In this course, you gain knowledge of the Service Transition processes.
- Evaluating Service Transition criteria for a service and business environment
- Developing a Change Management process for introduction of a new service
- Establishing stakeholder management strategies
- Developing and justifying test strategies for new services in a variety of business environments
- Specifying tool requirements and implementation success criteria
|Introduction and Overview
Key Principles of Service Transition
Primary ITIL processes within Service Transition
Service Asset and Configuration Management
Release and Deployment Management
Common Service Transition Operational Activities
Organizing for Service Transition
Implementing and Improving Service Transition
Important Course Information